Huddersfield Philharmonic Orchestra
Concert 5 – Huddersfield Parish Church – 29th June 2019
Hi everyone– this follows on from the e-mail seeking member interest in attending the conductor interviews. The following information is for the June concert and beyond:
- Reminder: the rehearsal tomorrow Tuesday, 11th June, is a string rehearsal with 18th June the next full orchestra.
- Tickets for June 29th will be available from me as of next week. Adult tickets are £10.00 with unaccompanied children free andnot needing a ticket. There is no restriction on the number of accompanied children who can attend our church concerts so apologies for the wrong information on the A5 flyer.
- A3 & A4 Posters and A5 flyers, are now ready. Local shops and libraries will display posters for us and piles of A5 flyers can be left in suitable public places especially libraries – please.
- Concert dress, for June 29th, is coloured top (single colour), black bottom and black shoes for both men and women.
- After concert party: plans have started towards an ‘après concert’ tribute to Rob and Mike for whom this is their final concert. The party being planned will likely be in the recently enlarged rear area of the church rather than the crypt used last year. Two rows of pews have recently been removed creating an extra 6’ of space which will work well for us. All food and drink would initially need be put in the kitchen and after the concert we need one group of us clearing up and restoring the church to its intended use whilst the other group puts out tables, food and drink. More details to come.
- Music: This year there is no rehearsal following the final concert so all music MUST be left in piles at the end of the concert. As there is no opportunity for me to collect music after 29th June it is vital to have all copies, including practice copies, returned by 29thJune. I have to return ‘An American in Paris’ to the publishers straight way and any missing copies will cost the orchestra £20 each to replace.
- Conductor interviews: please see last e-mail for full details. If you can serve on the panel please respond to Ruth.
- The first rehearsals of the 2019-20 season are 3rd, 10th and 17th September and if, as is likely, these are given to the 3 short listed prospective conductors then it is vital that everyone attends all 3 rehearsals.